Guest Blog - The lovely Collette from Cut out the Crap!

I am so excited and priviliged to have a guest post today from the wonderful Collette from Cut Out The Crap. She is doing amazing things and really helping to change the way people think about food. Here's what she had to say about her journey so far...


" Hi, my name is Collette White. I am married to a wonderful man, Josh and together we have 4 gorgeous children. Miss 10, Miss 8 and twins Master and Miss 2. 


Whilst being a full-time Mum is my number one job, I am also the Author of 2 self published recipe books “Cut out the Crap” (which is now a best seller) and “Cut out the Crap for Kids” (which has only been out 7 months and is proving to be just as popular…if not more). Both of these books are full of tasty and healthy meals that are ALL Gluten, Dairy and Preservative Free. They cater for those with food allergies and intolerances and those that love healthy tasty food and looking after their insides. 






I started creating these recipes myself after being diagnosed with multiple allergies and I wanted to cook one meal for the family that we could all enjoy together, without feeling like I was missing out on scrumptious food! It was from here that COTC started.


My passion for creating recipes and helping others has grown dramatically since releasing Cut out the Crap. Every spare moment I am in the Kitchen attempting creations to share with my COTC friends and trying out newfound ingredients! It has been a massive journey, as I have no cooking experience or had anything to do with writing a book or running a business. Every day brings new challenges yet I tackle these as they come and try to focus on the positive. I am inspired daily by strangers who become “COTC friends” and beautiful emails from these new friends thanking me for my recipes and books.


At the moment I am working on my third book, which is yet to have a name! It will continue with my theme and passion on Gluten Dairy and Preservative free recipes. I am at the ‘photo taking’ stage, which is exciting, fun and scary all at the same time. 





I felt quite sorry for myself when I was first diagnosed with so many allergies but now I know it is for a reason (to help so many others) and my entire family are now benefiting with what I am learning everyday. Only 7 months ago we committed to going 100% additive free due to Miss 8’s behaviour issues. When eating food with additives she is angry and irrational and when she eats “additive free” she is a loving kind girl! It is amazing the difference it makes. The biggest issue I come across with this is other people’s negative opinions, which I have learnt to kindly ignore. She doesn’t miss out on anything. It is simply a matter if swapping brands from ‘additive filled’ to ‘additive free’.


Having young children at home fulltime I juggle work and being a Mum….my children are my main priority so we play all morning and I have learnt to do things super fast when they sleep for 2 hours during the day and work most evenings when they are asleep. People often ask me how I juggle it all….I believe it comes down to looking after myself by eating healthy, nutritious food and drinking gorgeous fresh homemade juices that gives me the energy to keep going. I also believe its because I am truly passionate about what I do and I love helping others and bringing hope and joy into their lives….it fills my heart to know that people are sitting around their dinner table enjoying quality family time and sharing a recipe that I created!



I wanted to say a massive Thank you to Sonya for allowing me to chat to you and share a bit of my story. I am a huge fan of the amazing work Sonya does and I know she is an inspiration to so many others out there too."

Website and Blog: www.cutoutthecrap.com.au
Facebook: www.facebook.com/cutoutthecrap
Instagram: www.instagram.com/collette_cutoutthecrap
Twitter: www.twitter.com/cutoutthecrap


Collette's Books
  

Cut Out the Crap: Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Preservative Free Cooking
Cut Out the Crap:
 Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Preservative Free Cooking




Cut Out the Crap for Kids: Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Preservative Free Cooking
Cut Out the Crap for Kids:
Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Preservative Free Cooking  



 
Collette has kindly given us her recipe for Honey Chicken.
Sounds delicious and perfect for people with multiple food allergies.....
 
Honey Chicken
1kg Chicken Breast Fillets
½ cup rice flour
Olive oil for frying
2 cloves garlic – grated
2cm x 2cm fresh ginger – grated
1 tspn sesame oil
2/3 cup honey
2 cups water
2 tblspns rice or potato flour to thicken


DELICIOUS!

Preheat oven to 120oC.
Dice chicken into small pieces approximately 3cm x 3cm. Place chicken into a large bowl with rice flour and mix thoroughly.
Place a little olive oil in the fry pan and turn to medium - high. Place chicken on a single layer in the pan and cook, turning regularly until crispy and golden.  Place the cooked chicken onto a baking dish lined with baking paper and place in the preheated oven to keep warm whilst you make the sauce.
In a small saucepan place the garlic, ginger, sesame oil and honey. Put heat onto medium and mix well.  Add the water and turn heat to high and bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes then turn heat to medium. Add rice or potato flour and stir until thickened (NOTE:  I sift the flour in so it doesn’t get lumpy).
 Serve with rice and vegetables.

Yum! Sounds and looks delicious!! Think I'll be trying this one. Let me know what you think. Be sure to pop over to Collettes's blog or facebook page and say Hi from me :) 






Labels: , , , , , ,